Thursday, August 1, 2013

Music Video Review: Avicii - Wake Me Up

I am planning to post my reviews (or very casual personal opinions) of music videos that I watch regularly on this blog. So that this blog will become a lively one and it's not very tedious to give a short "my-own-personal-likes-&-dislikes-reviews" every now and then. And especially when it's something very short as a music video (as compared to a full length film, which I think deserves a more serious approach).

So this is not essentially reviews. It's just the response that I have about a music video.It's not well thought out matter,... it's just very casual. Mostly it just explains whether I like it or not.

So enough of explanations...

So today, to initate this I am giving a short opinion about a very recent release. It's Avicii's (Famous Swedish DJ, remixer & record producer) - Wake Me Up feat. Aloe Blacc.

Okay the link to the original "story-like" music video is here: http://youtu.be/IcrbM1l_BoI
(I couldn't embed that original VEVO one, so provided another "mash-up version" here)

I think I like the "mash-up version" of the video much better. Although if you want the story, you have to see the original one.

(Note: The review is given below the video)



Okay, so I am not entirely sure whether I like it or not. But I surely liked the music and of course the lyrics. The lyrics are very meaningful to me (Click here for the Lyrics). I think it has a very upbeat vibe to the music. It's about whether to continue living in your dream-world of ambitions, partying and so on - or to wake up to the real world were things aren't very colorful and greeting as one wishes it to be. Since it is so, one who has a child's heart, always want to live in their dream worlds... because that's the only place where there is love, fun, partying and happiness. But people say, that you have blinders on and you couldn't see the real world. "Grow up.." they say. But what if the world of your dreams have grown so enchanting compared to the "real world life" - you don't wanna go back there. You prefer to live in your dreamy world... rather than facing the grim reality.

Well, this is what I think, is the meaning of this song and the visuals (i.e. original VEVO one).

The music is great.. but it doesn't surpass your expectations or anything (I hope you don't have any high expectations). It's okay. The meaning is great. The music is great. The video and the story is not very alluring. The picturization and everything - I don't think it's great - but I could say "it's not bad!". Okay, that's all there is to say about it.

You are open to leave comments about how you feel about this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

[b]